top of the world

top of the world

Monday, November 4, 2013

One Night in Bangkok!

Well we have arrived safely after a little glitch with the BRAKES on the aircraft that took us from Toronto to Hong Kong! We were loaded on the plane and ready to leave when the captain made an announcement there was an issue with the air brakes and this needed to be resolved before we left the ground! (ya, good idea...) He made announcements every 15 minutes letting us know they were still working on the problem for an hour and a half, then we just taxied to the runway and left! He never did explain what the issue was! lol. Anyway as we descended into Hong Kong 15 hours later, we were hoping the brakes were going to work! And Cathay Pacific came thru and we did not shoot off the other end of the runway there and plunge into the water! So, I have to say... OMG I was born for this! I can't say how much I just love waking up in a foreign city with the day ahead of me and nothing to do but explore!! The Hotel Aurum is as wonderful as I remember it and our room is beautiful with a king size bed and 2 balconies and a window overlooking the river. The river traffic is intense this morning with commuter boats, barges and various other watercraft plying the water. Very cool. I'm letting Mark sleep a bit more as he was coughing much of the night. He has managed to contract my evil illness from last week and is currently not a happy camper. Gotta drag him down the street to one of the traditional Thai medicine shops that abound in this area for a cure! Okay, it's off to breakfast (looking forward to an amazing "Thai breakfast" here consisting of fruit, juice, coffee, soup, and a plate of rice and vegetarian delectables....I remember it from last time) The time zone here is exactly 12 hours ahead of Toronto time, so that should be easy to remember. I'll post a pic of the view from our room, last night and this morning:

No comments: