top of the world

top of the world

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

how many cat shirts can one acquire?

Okay so many of you know about my fetish for cat t shirts and other various cat related items. I especially like to collect such things when travelling. Well, here in Bangkok, there is no way I can even begin to collect all of the cool cat crazy stuff I am encountering! (I have limited myself to 2 shirts so far!)
Here I am with one of them.... So, I am an early riser here in Thailand as a result of the 12 hour time difference. Probably about the worst time difference for jet lag, as we are working on the exact opposite schedule of our home waking and sleeping times. here, I am, up at 5am working on my blog! It's hard to believe that tomorrow we leave Bangkok for Krabi in the south. I could easily spend much more time here. Mark is better thanks to some magic pills purchased from a lady at the traditional Thai herbal medicine market near our hotel:
And I am feeling great after a Thai massage at Wat Pho, the traditional Thai massage school across the road from our hotel. Amazing Thai massage for about $16 for an hour! Mark was a bit apprehensive prior to partaking, but is now saying we should make sure we do this every day! It's amazing the pretzel shapes they can make your body into and how GOOD it feels after...even if it hurts a little at the time! (:
This is part of the complex of Wat Pho....beautiful, peaceful place in the middle of chaotic Bangkok. So it's almost time for the sun rise and to greet the day with a coffee on my balcony overlooking the river. I will just share one more pic... a favourite of mine!
These guys were at Wat Pho. There are quite a few stray cats but it's not the worst place for them as the Thai people, being predominantly Buddhist here, are kind to animals and everywhere you go, there are plates of food laid out for them.

1 comment:

Odra said...

Hi Rebekah and Mark,
Looks like a wonderful place to be - sounds like you are soaking up all the culture! Love the photos - keeep them coming!