top of the world

top of the world

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Train Trip Day 3

We left Toronto Tuesday evening at 1030pm and traveled through Northern Ontario the second day and night. At 730am Thursday we arrived in Winnipeg and had a few hours to stretch our legs off the train.

 Yes this is me at 730am(!) Ready to explore the city. Note the strong cup of coffee in my hand sustaining me.
 The new Museum of Human Rights is an architectural wonder. It was not open yet. Set to open this week I think.
I liked this moody scene along the Red River. Guess I should get out with my camera early in the mornings more if the reward is such interesting skies!

 Back on the train again, we are moving through the Assiniboine River valley. Misty and definitely showing signs of Autumn.


Big skies of Saskatchewan came into view mid afternoon. Can't get enough of them. I find the Prairies endlessly interesting... no boredom here!
 Prairie sunsets seem to last forever. It was beautiful to watch an extended sunset for about an hour!
Our train heading west...following the sun...I enjoy moving in a westerly direction best...In the words of Led Zeppelin:  "there's a feeling I get when I look to the west and my spirit is crying for leaving...."

No comments: